60(H) x 43(W) x 25(D)
Silver Series - SR49 Wide
Custom appearance to fit your style.
Get the looks you want with the security and fire protection you need with the SR49. The SR49 is a Wide model safe that will hold up to 49 long guns with room to spare for optics, handguns and other valuables. The SR49 maintains the same width and long gun storage as the taller SR49, without the extra height needed for extra long barrels like those found on .50 caliber long range rifles. This lower height profile gives you more options for safe placement.
The SR49 is built to be wider like a bureau instead of "boxy" like a refrigerator.
The 25" exterior depth allows you to place the safe in any number of locations in your house without intruding into interior space.
- Item Number: 1601100156
- UPC: 023614457978
- Gun Capacity / Config: 49 total (22/33+10)
- Body Thickness: 11 Gauge
- Bolts: 16 (10 Active)
- Cubic Feet: 37
- Fire Rating: 100 Minute / 1680°
- Overall Weight: 910 lbs 0 oz
- Dimensions: 60x43x25
- Handle Type: 5-spoke
- Door Type: 1 5/16" Duo-Formed
- Paint: TWO TONE
- Scene / Graphics: Raised Metallic Logo, Pinstriping and Silk-Screened Scene
- Lock System: Force Deflector
- Safe Security Rating: UL® RSC Tool Attack
- Interior Color: Beige Fabric
- Locking Bolt Sides: 4 Sides (Top, Bottom, Left, Right)
- U.S. Suggested Retail: $3,799.00
Exclusive to Browning ProSteel safes, ThermaBlock features thicker sheets of fire insulation arranged in an interlocking design that minimizes gaps that would allow the internal temperature in the safe to rise during a fire.
When heat builds and flames roar, ThermaBlock ensures that your valuables are well protected. Exclusive to Browning ProSteel safes, ThermaBlock features thicker sheets of fire insulation arranged in an interlocking design that minimizes gaps that would allow the internal temperature in the safe to rise during a fire.
With ThermaBlock’s advantages, ProSteel begin fire-testing safes where the other brands’ testing ends. The chart shows that a Browning ProSteel safe with ThermaBlock and external hinges offers fire protection as much as three times better than a safe with internal hinges and gaps in fire protection that leave your valuables unprotected.
FIRE PROTECTION LIKE NO OTHER.
They understand that fire protection is more than just adding fire insulation to a safe. Other aspects of safe construction play crucial roles in the total fire protection package. Here, the little details add up to make or break the true fire protection a safe offers. For example:
The thickness of the steel used in the body is vital. Heavier gauge steel flexes less when heated, limiting distortion that lets heat in through gaps in broken welds and around the door frame. Speaking of welds, we continuously weld — not spot weld like some of the competition — every seam for added resistance to heat-related flex. Even the door hinge design matters. All of these little touches add up to big gains in fir e and heat resistance and go a long way towards protecting your most valuable possessions.
When it comes to maximizing safe interior storage, Browning ProSteel safes lead the industry with unmatched versatility. The exclusive Axis Adjustable Shelving (U.S. Patent #D662341) is a completely customizable system with an array of shelves that can be configured to meet virtually every need. Unlike shelves in the competitions’ safes that are either fixed in position or only off er vertical adjustment, Axis shelves can be adjusted up and down, side to side, added and removed to accommodate items over a broad range of sizes. Axis maximizes the interior storage of long guns, handguns and other valuables.
Several different shelves and options are available to further customize the interior to meet your individual needs. The Axis shelf is made from a single piec e of sturdy steel. Shelves are clad in a soft, pr otective polymer coating that is highly durable and designed t o protect guns and valuables. It also adds a sleek appearance to the safe interior. Axis accessories are designed to easily mount to the solid steel shelf or barrel rack. (Compatible with safes that feature Axis Adjustable Shelving built in 2013 or later.)
- Browning ProSteel safes lead the industry when it comes to safe interior storage.
- The exclusive Axis Adjustable Shelving (U.S. patent #D662341) is a completely customizable system with an array of shelves that can be configured to meet virtual every need.
- Unlike shelves in the competitions’ safes that are either fixed in position or only off vertical adjustment, Axis shelves can be adjusted up and down, side to side, added removed to accommodate items over a broad range of sizes.
- Axis maximizes interior storage of long guns, handguns and other valuables.
- Several different, specific shelves and accessories are available as options (see page to further customize the interior to meet your specific needs.
- The Axis shelf is made from a single piece of sturdy steel.
- Shelves are clad in a soft, protective polymer coating that is highly durable and desi to protect guns and valuables. It also adds a sleek appearance to the safe interior.
- Axis accessories are designed to easily mount to the solid steel shelf or barrel rack. (Compatible with safes that feature Axis Adjustable Shelving built in 2013 or later.)
A revolution in scoped gun storage. Any way you look at it, a scoped long gun takes up the same space of two guns in your safe, except with the DPX Scope Saver. The Scope Saver takes advantage of space no other manufacturer has ever thought of using (the space in the door) to fit a scope.
With the scope recessed in the door, the scoped gun takes up no more space than an un-scoped long gun. And because the Scope Saver is integrated into the DPX door panel, your scoped long guns are right at your fingertips, easy to access as soon as the door swings open.
Why do we call it the Scope Saver? First it saves your scope from being potentially bumped as it is taken in and out of a conventional rack locations and second, it saves space for other guns by utilizing unused space in the door itself. And it does it without compromising security or fire protection.
The Scope Saver is neatly molded into the door panel and uses the space in the door to create space for optics mounted on long guns. This unique, one of a kind rack maximizes long gun storage and isolates and protects your expensive optics from the usual bumps that occur when you’re moving guns in and out of your safe. This way your scope doesn’t have a chance to lose its zero.
Browning 30" wide Premium safes feature a single Scope Saver in the door that will fit two scoped long guns. Our Premium safes that are 37" or wider have two Scope Savers in the door that will fit four scoped long guns.
In addition, you’ll have the comfort of knowing that the DPX Scope Saver feature doesn’t compromise the fire protection of your safe in any way. Your guns and other important possessions are as safe as they can be, come what may.
Look for the DPX Storage System and the exclusive Scope Saver on Browning ProSteel Premium safes.
FOUR (4) SCOPED RIFLES.
Premium safes that are 37" or wider have two Scope Savers in the door that will fit four scoped long guns.
TWO (2) SCOPED RIFLES.
30" wide premium safes feature a single Scope Saver in the door that will fit two scoped long guns.